Tuesday 1 December 2015

Frost on windowpanes

I've been in bed with a virus for a several days, but I got up the morning of November 30th and made a bowl of oatmeal and found frost on the windows: 



 It was 8am and around minus four Celcius (too cold to go outside, and hard to read the thermometer from eight feet away through frosted windows), and the sun was just coming up. 


The frost must've been there before, but I didn't notice it. Everything's been frozen solid for a week or more, and never thaws.   It's weird.  The ice crystals on leaves and blades of grass get bigger every day.

I was going to say more, but I can't remember what it was and keep needing to lay down again.  I'm not all the way better yet.



3 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love looking at Winter (and don't like the cold but I love falling snow). Werid huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty! I have just been staying indoors, it's too cold for me out there. I like looking at pictures of snow or videos of snow falling, but that's about it. It looks so soft and nice, but it really isn't.

    ReplyDelete